PhD Candidate in
Communication and Media Studies
Online communities and internet subcultures
Queer and feminist approaches to communication theory
Anxieties and emotions around technology
- Woo, Benjamin, and Alyssa Tremblay. “Fan Lovebor’s Cost: Boundary-Work and Affective Labor in a Con Event Organization.” Fan Studies Network North America 2019 Conference, 26 Oct. 2019, DePaul University, Chicago.
- Tremblay, Alyssa. “A Modern Way to Look: Vulnerability and Voyeurism in LaBeouf, Rönkkö and Turner’s #ALLMYMOVIES.” Centre for Media & Celebrity Studies 8th International Conference, 31 Aug. 2019, Club Quarters – Times Square, New York City.
- Tremblay, Alyssa. “Reading Edith and Victor: Some Thoughts on Scholarly Labour, Solitude, Iced Coffee, and Communitas.” 14th Annual Communication Graduate Caucus (CGC) Conference, 21 Mar. 2019, Carleton University, Ottawa.
- Tremblay, Alyssa, Carmen Warner, and Allie Watson. “What are We Learning with Analytics? Education, Data Governance, and Learning Management Systems.” 14th Annual Communication Graduate Caucus (CGC) Conference, 21 Mar. 2019, Carleton University, Ottawa.
- Tremblay, Alyssa. “'You Know Nothing, Jon Snow': Epistemological Pitfalls of Single-Narrative Storytelling in HBO's Adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire.” Intersections | Cross-sections, 8-9 Mar. 2019, Ryerson University and York University, Toronto.
- Tremblay, Alyssa. “I am Made of Love”: Representations and Celebrations of Queer Romance in the Music of Steven Universe.” Canada 150: Music and Belonging (Joint congress of the Canadian Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres, the Canadian Society for Traditional Music, the Canadian University Music Society, and the Canadian branch of the International Association for the Study of Popular Music), 27 May 2017, University of Toronto, Toronto.
- Tremblay, Alyssa. “Fifty Shades of Green: Perceived Subversions and Shifting Views on Fanfiction and Capital.” MA Symposium, 12 Sept. 2015, McMaster, Hamilton.
- Tremblay, Alyssa. “Psalms, Planets and Fleshy Hardware: Manifestations of Spirituality and Technological Anxiety in Code Poetry.” Protocol 2015 Conference, 8 May 2015, McMaster University, Hamilton.
- Tremblay, Alyssa. “The Bloom Effect: Information Overload in James Joyce’s Ulysses.” Literature Undergraduate’s Colloquium, 7 Mar. 2014, Concordia University, Montréal.
- “Internet Visuality.” Visual Media and Communication (COMS 3490), 18 Nov. 2019, Carleton University, Ottawa.
- “Streams.” Digital Media Industries (COMS 4403), 13 Mar. 2019, Carleton University, Ottawa.
- “Live-Looking and the Internet.” Visual Media and Communication (COMS 3410), 23 Nov. 2018, Carleton University, Ottawa.
- “YouTube and Viral Video” and “Memes and Online Communities.” Emergent Media (530-917-DW-02), Apr.-May 2016, Dawson College, Montréal.